Tyler Perry Uses His Private Plane To Deliver Supplies To Victims Of Hurricane In Bahamas

In the past days, we have been greeted with the disturbing news of Hurricane Dorian that hit the Bahamas. The catastrophic storm has also extended to the east coast of Canada, and the eastern seaboard of the United States.

Reports say that as many as 43 people have lost their lives in the Bahamas, while over 70,000 have lost their homes to the stubborn storm. The storm also left about 800 people stranded on an island that is off the coast of North Carolina.

And while aid agencies, individuals and organizations are doing their best to bring relief to those affected by the disastrous hurricane, Actor Tyler Perry has stepped in to offer a humanitarian and brotherly hand to the victims of the storm.

He is currently using his personal seaplane, which is based in Nassau, to transport aid and relief materials to the areas that were worse hit by the hurricane. His first point of duty was Abaco Island, which was the most severely hit by Dorian.

In times like when our humanity is put into question, deeds like this are to be commended and emulated.

His plane was packed with juice, water, diapers, sleeping bags, clothes, blankets, and other necessities to make sure the survivors were taken care of.

As of Thursday, the 5th of September, his plane had made a minimum of two trips to the area. TMZ reports and confirms that more of these flights will be made in the days to follow.

Tyler Perry has also flown 7 of the victims back to the United States, for urgent medical attention. Among them are children.

Tyler Perry made his intentions of helping the victims in a social media post, last week. He wrote:

“To all the incredible people of the Bahamas who have welcomed me and called me an adoptive son, I want you to know that I am watching closely, and as soon as I can, I will be there to do whatever I can to help you rebuild stronger and better. You’re not only in my heart and my prayers, you’re in my blood. God bless you. Stay Bahamas strong. The sun will shine again.”

As the reports and list of victims keep pouring in, we pray for the people in the Bahamas. Our hearts and intercessions are with them. As Tyler Perry said, the sun shall rise again.

We also commend Tyler Perry for his noble deeds and hope that other Black celebrities, businessmen and businesswomen would follow his lead and send adequate rescue and rehabilitation materials to the people of the Bahamas.

Statistically, the Bahamas is made of 90% Black people of African descent. So we see this clearly as an African disaster, although the remaining 10% are European and Asian brothers and sisters. We hope that the people of the Bahamas, no matter their race or color, will rise from this disaster and rebuild their lives.

Please, you can like our Facebook Page OR join Our Facebook Group to join the African Discussion.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Liberty Writers Africa

Liberty Writers Africa

Our mission is to raise the collective consciousness of Africans all over the world. And also giving an account of our uniqueness, we hope to reintroduce Africa to the rest of the world. At the core of our vision, is to liberate the African mind - to make Africans discover their voice through literature.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *